7th Annual Redlands Ice Bowl at Ford Park – Saturday, January 4, 2014
It’s Ice Bowl time! The Inland Empire Disc Golf Club will be hosting the 7th Annual Redlands Ice Bowl at Ford Park on Saturday, January 4, 2014. Check in/registration begins at 8:15am and the Player’s Meeting will be at 9am sharp.
This event will be the first in the nine part “Golden Sombrero Winter Series 2014,” the other Ice Bowl events being held at CSU San Marcos, Los Angeles/Chavez Ridge, Yucaipa, San Diego/Sycuan Resort, Murrieta, Prado, Sky High at Wrightwood and San Diego/Mission Bay. Come out and get some early season golfing in with SoCal friends and support some excellent local charities.
As with the previous Ice Bowls in Redlands all proceeds will go to Redlands Family Service Association and the very important and needed work they perform in our community. Last year – due to the great generosity of those who participated – we raised $715. What might we raise this year? How many mulligans are you going to buy for a chance to start the New Year off with that elusive ace?
The entry fee is $20 ($10 for kids 15 and under) and here’s what you’ll get:
- A nice walk in a lovely park
- 27 holes of play: two rounds of 9 holes on the Ford Park Pitch n’ Putt Deluxe layout and one round in the “Metal or Nada” format (one shot at the basket per hole)
- A fine premium Innova disc with the Golden Sombrero Winter Series 2014 stamp – Thank you Innova!
- 3 mulligans (more, many more, for sale – “Buy a tourney win!”)
- The first chance to get together with disc golf friends from around the region in the New Year and talk trash: “Chargers 2013: the year that we finally got rid of Norv Turner and AJ Smith.” (Wait, we say that every year…)
- A chance at the coveted Redlands Ice Bowl Trophy, or (for the lesser mortals among us) a chance for some other sweet prizes
Many thanks to the City of Redlands, Redlands Morning Kiwanis, Innova Champion Disc Golf, Disc Golf United and the Southern California Disc Golf Association.
We know what it takes to finish first in Redlands now: a perfect -18 and probably an ace thrown in for the win. No drivers needed; get your midrange game on!
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hope to see you there,